- Archaeological Data Recovery
- Archaeological Survey
- Architectural Survey
- Cemetery Investigations
- CRM Plans
- Environmental Compliance
- Expert Testimony
- HABS/HAER + State Level Documentation
- CRM at Superfund/Hazardous Waste Sites
- Industrial History
- Interpretive Exhibits & Publications
- Laboratory Services
- Native American Consultation
- National Register Nomination/Evaluation
- Section 106
- Tax Credits
- Project Experience
- Federal Agencies
- Survey and Planning
- Private Development
- About Us
- Educational Outreach
- Contact Us
Cape Cod National Seashore
The project was conducted to assist the National Park Service in meeting its obligations under Section 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act to identify and nominate properties under its control.
PAL completed National Register evaluation and documentation for four properties within the Cape Cod National Seashore:
- Atwood-Higgins Historic District, including the circa 1730 Atwoods-Higgins House and a collection of outbuildings associated with George Higgins, a wealthy summer resident who owned the property in the twentieth century.
- Highlands Light Station, the last of three lighthouses constructed in the Truro Highlands between 1797 and 1858. The light station was moved inland in 1996 to save it from destruction due to erosion of the Highlands cliff face.
- Truro Highlands District, which comprises the remaining buildings of a once popular railroad-era tourist resort and contains the Highland Golf Links, an important early American links-style golf course laid out in 1898.
- Indian Filling Station, an early 20th century gas station evaluated by PAL as not eligible for the National Register because it lacked sufficient integrity to convey its significance.
Results will be integrated into park planning and may be used to facilitate consultation with the State Historic Preservation Officer regarding any proposed changes within the National Register boundaries of the properties.
National Park Service
Cape Cod National Seashore National Register Documentation
2007 to 2009
Wellfleet and Truro, Massachusetts