- Archaeological Data Recovery
- Archaeological Survey
- Architectural Survey
- Cemetery Investigations
- CRM Plans
- Environmental Compliance
- Expert Testimony
- HABS/HAER + State Level Documentation
- CRM at Superfund/Hazardous Waste Sites
- Industrial History
- Interpretive Exhibits & Publications
- Laboratory Services
- Native American Consultation
- National Register Nomination/Evaluation
- Section 106
- Tax Credits
- Project Experience
- Federal Agencies
- Survey and Planning
- Private Development
- About Us
- Educational Outreach
- Contact Us
Massachusetts Military Reservation
Since 1987, PAL has successfully completed more than a dozen archaeological survey projects and two phases of building survey, documentation, and planning recommendations for military and civilian projects within the approximately 20,000-acre Massachusetts Military Reservation (MMR) on Cape Cod.
Between 2004 and 2006, PAL completed archaeological survey within Camp Edwards for the Massachusetts Army National Guard. The testing was conducted across more than 1,300 acres and included training in Unexploded Ordnance protocols.
- PAL’s architectural projects at MMR have included National Register eligibility documentation of the 1959-60 BOMARC missile facility, 1950s Otis Air Field, and Air Force PAVE PAWS radar facility.
- PAL has conducted numerous archaeological surveys in support of environmental clean-up activities in and around Otis Air Force Base.
- Studies have required security screening, coordination with military and safety personnel, federally recognized Native American tribes, and federal and state reviewers.
Massachusetts Army National Guard and U.S. Air Force
Cultural Resources Survey - Massachusetts Military Reservation
Project Date:1987 - Present
Massachusetts Military Reservation, Cape Cod, Massachusetts